Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Farmer's Daughter


Investment banking is one industry with a high burn-out rate because of its stress and fast-pace. Here's a joke from www.grupthink.com on one such guy who just wanted to coast along after living on the fast-lane:

James, an extremely successful INVESTMENT BANKER who has made his mark on the world, had enough with living life in the fast lane and purchased a piece of land in the backwoods of Vermont.

After six months of solitude, one day he heard a knock at the door. He hurried to answer it and was greeted by an large, bearded, man and his gorgeous daughter. "Hi, I'm Amos, and this my daughter Jamie, we are you neighbor from over t' hill. You being new, I thought I'd invite you to a party at my place Friday night."

Thinking he'd have enough solitude and a chance to meet a fine young lady, Joe answered, "Sure I'd be happy to come. What time does it start?" Amos said, "About seven thirty". As he started to leave, Amos turned back and said, "I should let you know, sometimes there's a fair amount of drinkin' at these things."

Joe replied "No problem, I can drink with the best of them."Smiling at Jamie as he said this. Amos again turned to leave and then turned back, "Sometimes there's a fight 'r two." Joe said, "I'll just have to be careful, but I can hold my own in a fight." Amos, nodded and started off again.

Then he stopped and looking over his shoulder said, "One last thing, pretty wild sex happens from time to time, too". Joe smiled, "Hell, it wouldn't be much of a party without that would it?".

As Amos started once more to leave, James had a thought. What should I wear?" he called? Amos stopped and thought for a moment. "Dun matter much to me." he said, "It'll just be the two of us".

Preview: Investment Banker On Life blog